Monday 1 April 2013

April Fool's Day

I admit it, I fell foul to the pranks of April Fools Day.... pranked nonetheless by Google! I know! I feel betrayed by the dear creators of Blogger..... anyways back to the story..

Ever heard of the Google Nose? Nope me neither, hence the innate desire to click on this uncharted waters that's concept was so cool! Apparently Google Nose meant you could smell items through your computer, phone etc. I was captivated and entranced. I proceeded to spend around five minutes trying to smell freshly baked bread, diapers, peppermint and others from my laptop screen. Needless to say I couldn't smell anything so I eventually admitted defeat and clicked on the Need Help? button and was told the following

If you are experiencing problems with Google NoseBETA, please note the following:
  • "418: Scent transfer protocol error" indicates system congestion; please try again later.
  • Due to technological constraints, not all smells are compatible with all devices.
  • Refrain from licking or biting your screen.
  • Try upgrading to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome.
  • It is April Fools' Day.

It took me a while to notice the It is April Fools' Day. I felt very stupid but have to concede it was hilarious and Google had done well. It was very funny to watch my dad trying to smell the Beach from my dear laptop...

Tehehehe, I think it must be one of the first April Fools I've falled for!

Love it! <3

Sniffer Tabs
X

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! I fell for it too but it took me only a second to realize that it was an April Fool's Day joke.

    Elizabeth
    ramblingsontheloose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're smarter than me then! :) I am very gullible I suppose! x

      Delete

Well if you're looking here, than you're thinking about leaving a message! Go on I'd like to hear from you...... well unless you're going to be nasty, hurtful, creepy (yes you bald old man), etc..... Look forward to hearing from you... Adios X